This church was constructed between the Franciscan monastery and the Pile Gates, to the very city walls, in 1520. This small votive church, according to the decision by the Dubrovnik Senate, was built as a sign of gratitude for the salvation from the earthquake which struck the same year. In the 1667 earthquake, the church remained undamaged, and has been preserved to the present day in its original decor. It is the work of domestic master builders from Korcula, the Andrijic brothers, who fit the church in perfectly with its surroundings.
With the construction of this lovely little church with its decorative facade, they left behind yet another pearl of Dubrovnik Renaissance architecture.